Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

dimensional input parameters displayed in viewport

adamohernadamohern Member, OS Professional Posts: 216 PRO
When you double-click a sketch, its dimensions are displayed in 3D as editable numbers. Double-clicking one of the dimensions allows you to edit it, and hitting enter commits that change.

Is there an equivalent input for FS? It would be incredibly valuable.

Best Answers

Answers

• adamohernadamohern Member, OS Professional Posts: 216 PRO
    Thanks, Kevin. I'm not asking for a constraint solver, I'm just asking for a more descriptive and visual way of presenting input parameters than the "here's a big list of dimensions" method. What I want is really just a few special manipulator types that could display editable numeric dimensions in 3D space, exactly like when you're editing a sketch (but without the solver). I'd only need point-to-point, angle, radius, and diameter manipulators, and the ability to position them programatically so that the user can see what each dimension refers to on the geometry.