Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Trouble Deleting Constraints and then the sketch

T.MoyerT.Moyer Member Posts: 2
edited April 2018 in Community Support
I first want to say I have very limited experience with CAD.

I was able to delete the Constraints when I first opened it. Then I exited out of the sketch. Does that finalize the sketch so I can't modify it again? If that isn't the case what else could I be doing wrong when I renter. I would select the dimension constraint I want to remove and then hit Delete. This didn't do anything. I've tried exiting the sketch as a whole to try and delete the entire sketch but  the keyboard shortcut of pressing the delete key doesn;t work nor does trying to use the submenu option.

I'm open for to any and all suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any and all help given. 

Answers

• Options
    shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    You can modify the sketch easily when you right click on the sketch in model tree and select "Edit" as below

You can even perform many operations using this such as delete, suppress, hide etc. When you select edit button it will allow you to perform as many operations in the sketch as per requirement.