Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Problem with loading drawings

hansrudolfhansrudolf Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
Returning to Onshape after some weeks of inactivity, it seems that I cannot load the drawings I did earlier. Just see the rotating arrow for minutes. The same with a new assembly I did yesterday.
Has this something to do with new features introduced June 17th?
Regards, HansR.

Best Answer

Answers

• philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Please open a support ticket and share the document with support. 
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • hansrudolfhansrudolf Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Thanks philip_thomas, but I neiter know how to open a support ticket nor how to share my document with support.. Searching for 15 minutes in the help files were unsuccessful also. I think it is not the same as asking the same question in the community forum?

Kind regards, Hansrudolf
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    @hansrudolf  Here are instructions for using the feedback tool:  https://www.onshape.com/videos/feedback-tool

• robert_morrisrobert_morris OS Professional, Developers Posts: 166 PRO
    @hansrudolf, To open a support ticket within Onshape, click on the '?' symbol on the top right of the screen and then click on "Feedback" in the menu.

There will be a dialog to add a message and an option to share the document with the Onshape team.

Unfortunately, when I click the Feedback button, nothing happens... :-(
    Ok, guilty...
    As I used Opera since day 1, and never had problems, it seems I have to leave it now. At least for Onshape!
    I opened my documents in Firefox and can generate and print drawings as in all the months before.
    The feedback also works (if Iwuld need it and remember next time where to find it)
    To be honest, I find it a bit sad that Opera is not supported, but that's life.
    Sorry for making such troubles.

Kind regards,
    Hansrudolf
  • philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @hansrudolf - Not a problem and THANK YOU for your support of Onshape :)

Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • BLJ_ENGINEERINGBLJ_ENGINEERING Member Posts: 15 PRO
    That "feedback" link is a bit confusing... I messed up too and clicked "view support tickets" and then "submit a request". This was not the proper way. I also searched high and low before i learned that "feedback" leads you to open up a new support ticket. I think..

hmm, maybe someone who knows could submit a request for them to rename those links?