Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to create custom template with custom properties using draftsight as editor

I have followed the tutorial on how to create a custom template, then export it and edit it with a 2D editor and save as a *.dwt.  I downloaded the latest version of draftsight and followed all of the steps, then when I import the newly edited template and create a new drawing using said template I run into issues.......The new drawing is blank, no template, when I click on "sheets" in the upper left corner there are two of them, one titled "Model" and one "Sheet1".  Sheet1 is blank, but MODEL has my template in white on a black screen, as you would see in "model space" when using 2D platforms.  How do I fix this??

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    mark_hatzenbuhlermark_hatzenbuhler Member Posts: 2
    @PeteYodis Thank you VERY much, that was exactly what I needed.  Once again Onshape comes through in a flash, keep up the good work guys.
  • Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @mark_hatzenbuhler You're very welcome.  We are also working on ways to make this process easier.