Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

My experiences using Cloud based software that runs in a browser for my Wife's medical practice

devon_sowelldevon_sowell Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
On my blog, I describe my experiences using Office Ally for our medical practice. It's all good, safe, secured, & reliable.

Using Cloud based software that runs in a browser

Cheers, Devon Sowell
Devon Sowell
Engineering Consulting Partner
Professor, Engineering Technology, Palomar College, San Marcos, CA
sowelldevon@gmail.com
760 809 9046
CarlsbadCAD Carlsbad,CA
Tagged:

Comments

• ilya_mirmanilya_mirman Member Posts: 24
    What's cool is that these benefits (access, security, less IT infrastructure, etc.) are now affordable and available to small/medium businesses.  You don't need to be Walmart to enjoy them.
  • raj_Onshaperaj_Onshape Onshape Employees Posts: 106
    I have also seen this trend. I can easily access my lab results, doctor recommendations by logging onto my local health provider's website even if I lose the printout they give you after your appointment. I remember trying to get an X-ray mailed to another doctor for a second opinion 10 years ago which took forever,but these days they can somehow do it electronically.
  • pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    Interesting @ptrajkumar.  I see a future where we won't even need to go to the doctor's very much at all once small cost effective medical monitoring devices come to the masses.  Fitbits and such are just the tip of the iceberg.  Couple these devices with cloud based platforms and big data, and you have something to threaten to be disruptive to the high margins of healthcare.  Very neat times.  We will be the ones that give doctors access to our data, not the other way around.
    Or...it could go this way...

Embedded image permalink

• raj_Onshaperaj_Onshape Onshape Employees Posts: 106
    The future is already here @Pete Yodis . Check out the hi tech japanese toilets. How's that for a royal flush ?
    @ptrajkumar Man.  They took my idea.  Was gonna design that in Onshape :D