Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

rotate part without straight edge in part studio

rob_vorkrob_vork Member Posts: 3
I have created a round tube in a part studio. I like to rotate it head over head 90 deg. In the dialog box it asks for an axis. There is no straight edge on this tube to create an axis. How can I solve this?

Answers

• daniel_splawskidaniel_splawski Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    You'll likely just have to create one.  You can use a construction line in a sketch as the axis of revolution.   If the standard planes aren't enough to define your sketch plane, you can use the plane feature to create the plane you need.  In this feature there are several options in the drop down list for defining the plane so you'll have to experiment to see what works for you. 

If you want some additional help, please share the model publicly and I'll jump on and try it out.