Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Maximum dimensions

helmut_frikhelmut_frik Member Posts: 1
What are the maximum dimensions allowed in Onshape? I experience problems when numbers above e.g. 1000 inches are used.

Answers

• Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ helmut_frik ,
    as per Onshape instruction Sketch limit was 39370 in and extrude limit 19685 in

@Onshape support, I have tried to put a value which is less than max limit,It showed me a error message like "
    This operation can not complete because it creates geometry that is beyond the system limit." 

Is it a bug ?

• HakroHakro Member Posts: 67 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

My state of knowledge is:

This is a restriction of the Parasolid kernel, wich effects all Parasolid based CAD systems (Onshape, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, NX, etc.). The geometrie of a part is limited to a DesignCube (Parasolid box) which is defined +500m and -500m in all 3 direction from the origin. So the maximum length of a part is 1km.