Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

DXF Export Resolution

I have a sketch made of splines, but when I export it as a dxf, the resolution in the spline segments isn't very good. So rather than having a smooth curve I end up with lots of rough segments. Is there a way to increase the resolution of the export or fix this issue? Thanks.

Answers

• Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ hunter_francoeur,Have tried this "Refine graphics" option.

The geometry in drawings views is displayed in Onshape as short lines. For performance purposes, Onshape uses the minimum number of short lines so that curves look smooth at your current zoom. At times, when you zoom in, the short lines may look coarse.

Use the Refine Graphics tool to recompute the lines, resulting in geometric curves looking smoother. The underlying geometry in your views remains unchanged.

• ellen_timineyellen_timiney Member Posts: 10
    I can only find "refine graphics" in the drawing tab. Export to DWG/DXF from a sketch, or from faces will always make visible straight lines. I have to process these further in my CAM package to re curve them.