Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Rib FeatureScript Modification

robert_morrisrobert_morris OS Professional, Developers Posts: 166 PRO
Hey All,

I've made a modification to the Rib FeatureScript and thought I'd share it with everyone.

The original Rib feature worked great, but sometimes I need to create two ribs with a specific distance between a face of one rib and a face of another one.
It's a lot easier to do this within the sketch for the ribs, so with this modified version, each rib can be thickened about the centerline or to either side of the centerline.

Here's the link to the modified version:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/57744482e4b03f099047a1e2/v/6d5960a86b6075748fcb04d9/e/05ac16fd20fb2c053261fcdb

Onshape employees: Feel free to take the modification and add it back to the original if you wish to.
Tagged:

Comments

• korikori Onshape Employees Posts: 25
    Thanks for enhancing my rib feature!  I've seen this functionality in other rib features, so I can see other people finding it useful too.  :)