Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

DXF SCALING ISSUE.

sam_wehrlisam_wehrli Member Posts: 12 PRO
Enthusiastic noob/amateur here. I've been using Onshape to model weld fixtures for work. They use Inventor in the office, and DXF format for the lasers. When I export a drawing to the engineer in DXF format, the scale of the drawing is translated to the scale of the model. The pieces come out the exact size as the drawing on the printed paper. So I have to scale the drawing in Onshape at 1:1, often much larger than a piece of paper, which then she has to make a bunch of changes before she sends it to the laser tables... Any way around this? Thanks a lot in advance. 

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    sam_wehrlisam_wehrli Member Posts: 12 PRO
    Ya that works now. First time I tried to do this, I got some weird error message. Must have been a temporary glitch. I figured it was due to Onshape still being developed... It works fine now that I tried it again. Exporting from the drawing WAS my workaround... Thanks a lot bud