Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

MM and Inch in the same document?

Hi,

Is it possible to have mm and inch drawing and parts in the same document? I am working on an assignment for a class and I have to draw and dimension parts with both inch and mm measurements in the same assignment.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    dustin_allen692dustin_allen692 Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Yeah, I do not need mm or inch in one part. What I need is mm in one sheet and inch in another from two different parts in the same document. What I have experienced so far is that the document has a default unit. Let's say the default is inches, if I needed a part that was in millimeters in the same document so that I can have all the sheets together in the same pdf I have to type mm for all the dimensions as I create them. This is fine, but when I go and create the drawing my mm dimensions come out as inches. So my question is in the drawing can I have one sheet in inches and another in millimeters? Is this clear as mud now? ha ha
  • Options
    dustin_allen692dustin_allen692 Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Thanks, Pete, that helps a lot.