Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

What do the different colored lines mean when hovering over a constraint?

robert_wells594robert_wells594 Member Posts: 7
edited September 2016 in Community Support
Total n00b here.  Trying to learn.  I get that when I hover over a constraint, the lines or points that the constraint applies to are highlighted.  But I see two different colors depending on which constraint I hover over.  For example, sometimes, the line coincident to a point is highlighted in yellow, and other times a line coincident to a point is highlighted in brownish-orange.  

This really comes up because I'm trying to set the width of a sketch in this model (https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f4031af9af54844ac44310ff/w/d92db0a66ced0aafeb5a23a7/e/9aaec91f0dbbfd53b50fa714) but when I do, the curve on the right hand side of the sketch gets wonky.  I assume it's because I'm doing something wrong with constraints somewhere.  

Any suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks,

Rob

Answers

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @robert_wells594, Can you make your document public so all user can view and will provide some solution for you.