Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

OpenBoM not working

GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 386 PRO
I keep getting this message displayed within seconds of hitting the 'Create BOM' button when trying to use OpenBom.
Is it me!? or is there something not right?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 386 PRO
    Hi Oleg
    Sorry for the slow reply, it's Sunday morning here!
    That worked, thank you for you prompt reply.
    Just getting into Openbom after attending the webinar the other day, looks great so far.

2 Questions:
    Is there a way to add a column that has a calculation in it? i.e. one text field/column x another = ....? or is it best to export to excel for this kind of thing.

Also I have several different parts of Box Section Aluminium. Is it possible to take their lengths and display them in as an Openbom property?
  • Options
    oleg_shilovitskyoleg_shilovitsky Member, Developers Posts: 131 PRO
    @GWS50

1. We are enhancing the list of supported fields. Next production update will bring "Image" field to support previews. We are checking how to support formulas too. Cannot promise any date for the moment, but it is definitely on the requirement list. 

2. There is no API in Onshape to extract geometry. We need more questions like this, so it will come sooner.

-Oleg