Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to move the part with freedom directly?

I'm learning this software by tutorial, and found a very interesting which I cannot follow.

Below is the tutorial 3 about assembly, .
At 2:38 in timeline, how to move the part with freedom directly?
And same at 3:27~3:29, just wonder how to do that

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/57de39d400ef0111038790b2/w/0f6e5d4193d9120586286ad4/e/bc1141e0b1d13a4132756fff

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When in an assembly, click the part that you want to move, preferably on or near the geometry you'd like to position. An axis system appears. Drag the rotation/translation arrows to move the part.
  • Options
    zhongxuebozhongxuebo Member Posts: 4
    mahir said:
    When in an assembly, click the part that you want to move, preferably on or near the geometry you'd like to position. An axis system appears. Drag the rotation/translation arrows to move the part.
    Yes I noticed this rotation/translation system. 
    But in the tutorial video, the part moved with cursor without this system, and that's my point. How to do it without showing this axis system?
  • Options
    zhongxuebozhongxuebo Member Posts: 4
    Thanks! I got it.
    Onshape is easier than Creo, and I guess I will spend more time to study.