Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Simple question, moving an entity in a sketch?

daniel_chowdaniel_chow Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
Ok this is killing me. I'm going to try teach my class how to use constraints with various methods of selecting and moving, how the heck do I move the circle?!? Tried everything, even removed all the constraints:

Link to the document 

Answers

• Options
    daniel_chowdaniel_chow Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Figured it out, you have to HIGHLIGHT that bad boy when editing the sketch. Like this: 

• Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Hi daniel_chow,

Glad you figured this out.  When free dragging circles, usually need to grab the center for it to move and not just expand.  In the future, I would recommend using the Transform Sketch tool (https://cad.onshape.com/help/#transform-sketch.htm) for moving sketch entities.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com