Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is it possible to have a part studio window open and an assembly window open at the same time

OpenR2OpenR2 OS Professional Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
I am used to working where I have a window open that has the entire assembly visible and a second window that has just the part I am working on. I like to work in the window with the isolated part but see the updates in real time to the assembly window. Does OnShape allow this?

Answers

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can definitely do this. You just have to load the same document in two different browser windows with a different tab open in each window.
  • Options
    TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    edited October 2016
    Even easier than that, right click on any tab and select "Open in new browser tab"!
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    Awesome. And I was surprised to see the that changes in one window were reflected immediately in the other window without having to refresh. :)
  • Options
    It might be an enhancement request to make OnShape know that both browsers are from the same desktop session....so that you don't see yourself as a double editor.
  • Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,178
    Seeing yourself as a "double editor" can be useful -- you can double click on the collaboration icon to synchronize the view to the other window (follow mode).
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc