Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I'm new to CAD, but have been interested for a long time. I build Custom Motorcycles and Hotrods.

I was hoping to find some design work already created for Hotrods, 4 link suspension is one of the areas I will be designing for a 1935 CHEVY HOT ROD DRAG TRUCK. Where would I look to see if anyone is working on things of that nature. Thank-you for any assistance in getting me started in this incredible state of the art tech.
 I'm old school, tape measure graph paper, micrometers calipers. I have a lot to learn, but think I've come to the right place to exactly that.

Answers

• Options
    florianflorian Member, OS Professional Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Steve!

Welcome to the wonderful world of 3D-MCAD! A 4-link suspension is a good place to start. It will take you through all the steps: Parts, Imports from Suppliers, kinematics in assemblies, drawings… As a former vehicle dynamics guy, I hope you got the kinematics figured out already.

If you want to have a look at how others do it search for example for "Perrinn" they have a full(?) model of a F1 and LMP1 car on Onshape (e.g. https://cad.onshape.com/documents/2d5c0c72cf8a49f59d60fb1b/w/a005335084f044cfae483209/e/dc1f4baa34e04c94af162483 )

But start at the tutorials, go through the webinars and keep asking questions on the forum should you get stuck!

––Flo