Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I would like to work with two imported parts in one part studio.

I can import one but not a second part into the same part studio. I can create a second part studio with a second import but then I don't know how to combine them other than in an assembly which doesn't allow me to do what I need to do. I am sure there must be a copy / paste but all I find and try 

Answers

• Options
    TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    edited October 2016
    You could use the derived part feature. This will allow you to bring in part(s) from other tabs in the same doc or from tabs in an entirely different doc. Check out this video to visualize this workflow:
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5y3P8vs5fY
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    dany_maruanidany_maruani Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Is there a simpler way to do it ? why not copy only a surface and past it into a sketch ?