Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sub-assemblies not updating

dan_engererdan_engerer Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
edited November 2016 in Community Support
Hello. I am in a cold sweat and need help before I have massive buyer's remorse about buying a year of Onshape.

We have an assembly with sub-assemblies in it. When I change something in the sub-assembly, it does not automatically update in the top level assembly, and I'm not even able to update it in the top-level assembly unless I create a new "version" for the sub-assembly. 

How do I get the sub-assembly to automatically update in the top level assembly? I absolutely cannot be creating new "versions" for things every time I make a little change during the design phase, which is about every 30 seconds. I will soon have hundreds of versions which I'm not allowed to delete. Onshape automatically updates individual parts, so why not automatically update individual sub-assemblies?