Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Circular pattern won't delete

k_watk_wat Member Posts: 2
edited November 2016 in Community Support
I had a sketch with a circular pattern. I deleted the element that it was patterning, but the pattern indicator remained, (the arrowed line, now pointing to the drawing's origin, with a '2x' next to it) and it won't delete. Now the sketch gives me this error: "Some constraints are not applicable to the current external references and have not been solved."

Seems like a bug, but maybe I'm missing something? Thanks for the help!

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/0622ccb92bd0f41a9c3b961a/w/75ea530cb115d332614f026c/e/8e458a05fda1560c8ba9d184

Answers

• Options
    k_watk_wat Member Posts: 2
    It says someone has answered this, but doesn't show an answer or comment. Great...
  • Options
    TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    There is already an improvement request for modifying sketch patterns which I can add you to. As for the external sketch constraints, you would have to go through each constraint and find the specific one that was causing the problem. Alternatively, you could go back in your history and restore to a more stable point.
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.