Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can't extrude sketch

Josy_LaJosy_La Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
edited November 2016 in Community Support
I imported a shape from cad and inserted into a sketch. Obviously the shape is not fully "closed" because I have no areas to select for extrude. Is there a tool in Onshape to check where loop is opened? The sketch is not simple and reconstraining it would take for ever.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    On a parallel issue... Why does Onshape screw up the original cad sketch? I looks to be imported perfectly as shown on tab. But at insertion in sketch sometimes fillets are inverted creating a weird shape.
  • Options
    timrice: Can you tell me what dwg files should not contain when imported? I see that xref need to be binded but I'm not to sure about cad blocks behavior or any other features that may cause errors.
  • Options
    TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    @Josy_La
    If you were to export a drawing from another program as a dxf then items like title blocks would be imported as well. 
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.