Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Troubleshooting 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator not working

corom_thompsoncorom_thompson Member Posts: 1
edited December 2016 in Community Support
I have a 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator mouse which has been working beautifully in Onshape on my desktop Windows PC.  For some reason however, the same device doesnt work with Onshape on my laptop.  Both are running Windows 10.  The 3D mouse works fine in other software on the laptop, but in Onshape in Chrome it only has Chrome navigation behavior (zoom in / out, new tab, etc)  but does not allow full rotation in OnShape or the OnShape actions menu when buttons are pressed.

How do I troubleshoot this? Any info about how 3DConnexion integrates with Onshape would be helpful.  perhaps a javascript api I can debug, or a standalone 3DConnexion web demo?

Also, I've done the usual re-installation of various 3DConnexion drivers and rebooting, etc.

Thanks,

-Corom

Answers