Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Multiple Parts in Parts Studio

Jim_28Jim_28 Member Posts: 3
The help menu states a Part Studio can contain multiple parts. Is the only way to insert multiple parts into a Part Studio by deriving parts from another Part Studio? I thought that a Part Studio could contain all the parts, drawings, and assemblies in a single document. It seems that I'm creating parts in different Part Studios and them merging them into a specified Part Studio. But the specified Part Studio isn't an assembly. I have to create an assembly within the specified Part Studio. And there's a link to the original Part Studios? It sounds like Part and Part Studio are the same thing. I think I'm missing something. 

Best Answer

Answers