Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Some external references are missing.....

simon_9simon_9 Member Posts: 17
Error message appeared as above.

Which has been caused by me editing my document to extract only the parts that I want to 3D print - but I have this message at one of the sketches and it appears to be blocking the stl file generation (although no error message appears)
So...any thoughts as to what I have deleted would be useful but even more helpful would be guidance as to where the missing reference was used so I can backtrack (sort of like the 'REF#' in Excel).
Thanks in advance for your help
Simon

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Great, thanks - as you suggested there are a string of 'Projected - Dangling' in red boxes. Now slowly working my way through deleting a line and replacing it - and dealing with the fall-out further that this causes to extrudes, etc.

Simon
  • Options
    Thanks - I eventually discovered this by accident...
  • Options
    tgunrtgunr Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    I too am having this error displayed, however there are NO red constraints at all and I can't seem to find what went missing when I edited a sketch.
  • Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 696
    @tgunr Please add a link to your document so that some-one could help you.