Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is there any Sheetmetal Functionality available in ONSHAPE ?

I can't see any icons relating to Sheetmetal in the toolbars.
Is this due soon or am I missing it.
I'm just evaluating the Free Subscription at present.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    LesChapeauxLesChapeaux Member Posts: 2
    No worries, John, thank you for the response. I know your working flat out on it. Very much looking forward to it.

Cheers Mike
  • Options
    Hendrik_Hendrik_ Member Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
    Great news! Also waiting eagerly for sheet metal tools before Onshape would be of much use to us.
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @LesChapeaux & @Hendrik, I think sheetmetal is highly requested improvement feature till time. So please vote for this improvement request which is already raised by some other user in past. Please vote for this improvement request by visiting below link.
     https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/9242#Comment_9242
    In near future we hope that this facility will be provided by Onshape.
  • Options
    @viru, ok, I did that.
    Hopefully Onshape is listening...
  • Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 360
    Hi @Hendrik_. We are definitely listening. We understand the importance of sheet metal functionality. We are investing a lot of resources in getting it right.

There may even be some users here on the forum that have already used the functionality, but that may just be a rumor. :-)

-John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    Hi @Hendrik_. We are definitely listening. We understand the importance of sheet metal functionality. We are investing a lot of resources in getting it right.

There may even be some users here on the forum that have already used the functionality, but that may just be a rumor. :-)

-John
    Awesome, thank you John.  I like Onshape's agility - long may it last!

I sincerely hope that you guys are building in flattening functionality and that function would not be held to ransom by these guys: http://www.exactflat.com/shop/ (ouch)

This SoftWare (see what did there?) does exactly what I am hoping to see in OnShape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbYUaB_IuOs

I am holding my breath...

Hendrik