Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to change orientation of assembly

jon_woellhafjon_woellhaf Member Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
I have created a part -- I'll call it Main -- that appears as I want it to in front, right, top, and isometric views.

However, after I created an assembly with Main and other parts, the orientation of Main changed -- apparently to match the orientation of a part I added.

How can I reset the view of Main in the assembly so it matches its view in the part studio?

Best Answers

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017 Answer ✓
    @jon_woellhaf, For getting correct position you have to make main part unfix and give fastened mate with respect to origin as per your requirement. Kindly refer below video for more detail.

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Thanks very much, Viru. Problem solved.

But now new problems with previously correct mates have surfaced.

I'm still on the steep part of the learning curve, but still making progress upward.

Jon

Answers

• Options
    edited February 2017 Answer ✓
    @jon_woellhaf, For getting correct position you have to make main part unfix and give fastened mate with respect to origin as per your requirement. Kindly refer below video for more detail.

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Thanks very much, Viru. Problem solved.

But now new problems with previously correct mates have surfaced.

I'm still on the steep part of the learning curve, but still making progress upward.

Jon
  • Options
    @jon_woellhaf, If you are still facing problems with previously correct mates have surfaced then kindly share your document. I will definitely try to help you out from that problem.