Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

extrude/ remove feature

christopher_bosworthchristopher_bosworth Member Posts: 2 EDU
edited February 2017 in Community Support
i am using onshape to create a phone case, i have a sketch on top of the frame for the phone to cut out a spot for the power button but i cant seem to get the extrude/ remove to work. when i use it it just deletes my sketch and leaves me with the frame of the case when what i want it to do is cut the hole in the case where the sketch was. the error i get is extrude 2 did not regenerate properly and no merge scope selected.  

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    PahlPahl Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Hi could you share the link to your model so I could have a look?  Then I could show you how I would go about it.
  • Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    For an extrude to remove from something, it needs to know what that something is.  That is what the merge scope is for.  Make sure you have the part(s) you want to get the removal selected in the merge scope field.

And it is most likely not deleting the sketch you are using, just setting the visibility state to hidden.  If you find the sketch in the feature list and hover over it, there is an eye which indicates whether the sketch is visible or invisible.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com