Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

When I group 2 parts and click OK (check) they still move as independent parts.

tom_grovetom_grove Member Posts: 7
What am I doing wrong? I would expect them to move/connect as a unit. I would also expect them to assume a common center, etc.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    fastwayjimfastwayjim Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 220 PRO
    Can you share the document with us, or share a video of your workflow? This shouldn't be the case...
  • Options
    How do I do that?
  • Options
    colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    Top right of the part studio....there is a share button.  
  • Options
    I grouped the two vertical members.
  • Options
    colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I took a look at your document.  Regarding the two vertical parts:
    They are grouped together and are behaving like grouped parts.  What exactly is your question?
  • Options
    Well, I don't know. Yesterday when I grouped the 2 verticals, they showed as grouped, I renamed the group. That worked also. But when I selected the group, ie. clicked on one of the two parts, it moved independent of the other. When I read your comment this morning, I went back and tried it again, and they behaved as a group should. Did I not click on the check mark or something? I guess I was just confused. Sorry for the inconvenience.