Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

how can I remove the visibility of a mirrored sketch?

GFTGFT Member Posts: 3
I have mirrored a sketch across my part's mid plane and used that to extrude an additional feature onto my part. The mirrored sketch stays visible. I can not figure out how to make the mirrored sketch invisible as it is getting in my way. The normal "eye" icon to hide the sketch doesnt appear next to my mirrored sketch.

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Ipadpro, doesn't show an 'eye'....I see there has been an update for this problem. I remade my Model without the feature mirror, so I can't check if it's resolved immediately. I will create something to test this. 

Answers

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    edited February 2017
    GFT,

Sketch Mirroring should only be possible within the context of the sketch feature itself (not a Mirror Feature).  Does the eye not appear next to the "Sketch <X>" Feature?

EDIT:

One of my coworkers pointed out that you can 'Feature Mirror' a sketch.  My bad.  I get the little eye to hide the mirror (and it works as expected) on the browser, but this functionality has not been implemented yet on mobile.  What platform are you using?
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Ipadpro, doesn't show an 'eye'....I see there has been an update for this problem. I remade my Model without the feature mirror, so I can't check if it's resolved immediately. I will create something to test this.