Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Suppress through FS?

leon_pootleon_poot Member, Developers Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in FeatureScript
Is there any possibility to edit features in the part studio feature tree by means of FS? Specifically I'm interested in suppressing certain features, such as extrudes or holes, or other FS features, based on boolean parameters.

I see in the part studio code that a suppressed feature simply is enclosed in an if (false) { } statement, so I am not getting my hopes up here, but it'd be really useful for configuration purposes.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Comments

• Options
    kevin_o_toole_1kevin_o_toole_1 Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 565
    Not yet. I get the feeling the thing you want is Part Studio configurations. Configurations are currently under development, but for the time being the answer is no. The only way to modify that flag is for a user to manually right-click the feature.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Your feeling is correct. I am aware of configurations  being under development, but I was hoping for small config possibilities such as this already being possible.

Out of curiosity: when do you think a first (beta) version of Configurations could become available? Are we talking next year, or is it a matter of months?
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
  • Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,178
    For the time being, there are some small shortcuts, as I suggested here: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/12690#Comment_12690

Regarding the time frame, as a rule, we do not speculate on release dates; rest assured, it is a very high priority for us and a lot of work has been done.  Based on the types of questions you're asking, I am guessing that you will be pleased with what we are building :smile:

Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    Understandable, time-related speculations are rarely a good thing and tend to render unnecessary pressure and half-ready solutions. Very well, I shall wait patiently, thanks :smile: