Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

While I wait for 2D drawings as an output option...

Paul_99Paul_99 Member, OS Professional Posts: 29 ✭✭
Can I simulate it somehow?

I don't see a text tool. but Dimensions would be a fine start. Should I make a new sketch in each of the planes and populate it with items that span my part (unfortunately it is all surfaces imported so the sketching will not catch the points of the item... or at least not when I am driving)

Best Answers

Answers

• devon_sowelldevon_sowell Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    I export my Onshape models as .step, then open in SolidWorks, make Drawings, Export Drawings as .pdf, then Upload to Onshape Tab
    Devon Sowell
    Engineering Consulting Partner
    Professor, Engineering Technology, Palomar College, San Marcos, CA
    sowelldevon@gmail.com
    760 809 9046
    CarlsbadCAD Carlsbad,CA
  • Paul_99Paul_99 Member, OS Professional Posts: 29 ✭✭
    I was hoping for an Inside OnShape solution (I don't have SolidWorks but I get the idea and might find a friend to impose upon  for this.)
  • devon_sowelldevon_sowell Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    @Paul Bostwick as noted above SolidEdge 2D is free and Draftsight 2D is also free
    Devon Sowell
    Engineering Consulting Partner
    Professor, Engineering Technology, Palomar College, San Marcos, CA
    sowelldevon@gmail.com
    760 809 9046
    CarlsbadCAD Carlsbad,CA
  • Paul_99Paul_99 Member, OS Professional Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Hey Devon... I missed those! Thanks for bringing me back to it... and thanks "OnShaper" for the tip. I'm glad Draftsight 2D works on the mac (and free is right in the sweetspot)

I'm off to give that a go.