Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How did I end up with 85 copies?

Lyle_WalshLyle_Walsh Member Posts: 46
another beginner question:

Somehow I ended up with 85 copies of my part, all with the same name.  I closed and re-opened and they are all still there.  Clicking on them acts like they are indeed the same object!

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/88e7c1789a53f86b24afc175/w/d6e3312c1431eddf480347a6/e/a6d0bae979b312884ac33202

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,178
    I think your boolean in the "Half of the Rod" tab is not working correctly -- producing 84 parts, that are then derived into the Full Rod part studio.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    Lyle_WalshLyle_Walsh Member Posts: 46
    OK I see it now, they are derived from the circular pattern in half rod step where i cut the ridges in that section.  They didn't go away on Boolean so they seem to be left over from the boolean subtract - however keep tool is off!  

Do I need to delete those parts?  THey all seem to have the same name, that is worrisome