Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.
First time visiting? Here are some places to start:- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.
Example create a slot feature code, doesn't go through part
david_fisher031
Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
When I try the example slot code https://cad.onshape.com/FsDoc/tutorials/create-a-slot-feature.html with an extruded object with a second end point in the same direction as the first the slot doesn't go all the way through the object. For an extrude of 25mm the second extrude has to be 5mm or more for this behaviour to be seen. Is this a problem in the feature script code or something else ?


Tagged:
0
Answers
-
I'm not able to reproduce this case with the slot feature as written. The through-all extrude seems to be behaving as expected:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/08ada15a1289fc96819474c0/v/36c76a0ca674d0000777b7b4/e/66d098b0d2030a827df6036f
Can you link to the document where you're seeing the buggy behavior?
0 -
If I change your example to 10 in and 2 in in the extrude, the problem appears.
Here's my example
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/117a4918233922cdfb8ca6b9/w/2cc38d38ec57bbf1621e40ed/e/57dad1553f6559f5bc5d91930 -
Okay, I can reproduce the failure now. Looks like an issue with through-all extrudes in general.
I've filed a bug for you. Thanks for reporting!
0

