Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

line angle

Phil McPhil Mc Member Posts: 2
edited April 2015 in Community Support
Dumb question but in a sketch, seeing as the rotate command isn't here yet, how do I draw a line that is say 45degrees (or whatever degrees) from vertical or constrain the angle or do a properties enquiry (look at the properties of a line to know the angle)?

Best Answers

Answers

• paul_chastellpaul_chastell Onshape Employees Posts: 124
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/902001d23e584588969110bd/w/ef83e00ade964ae9b32fac61/e/eedf86c5ae6f482e9e346fce may also be of interest. I dimensioned the line to the Right plane to give it a 45 degree angle from 'vertical' without using construction geometry. I also added a driven dimension to the top plane. As you change the driving dimension the other value will update.
    Paul Chastell
    TVP, Onshape R&D
  • Phil McPhil Mc Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Jake.