Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I keep the features mate relation when doing circular pattern in an assembly ?

vincent_dufourvincent_dufour Member Posts: 2 EDU
Hi everyone ! 

I'm new on Onshape and I have some issue using assembly. When i use the circular pattern on my design to avoid making all the relation feature between the same pieces, these relation totally vanish and I can't move my objects as I could, is it normal ? Is there a special way to do it ? 

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Vincent - it sounds like you are trying to use a Part Studio as an Assembly. Part Studios are for making UNIQUE parts. There should be no two identical parts in a Part Studio. The only things that should be in the same Part Studio are two (or more) different parts that are geometrically related. Once you have your unique parts, they are then inserted into the assembly. Once in the assembly you can pattern them.
    The best way to use the support forums is to publish a public link to your document. This is because 99% of the people here would not type a response as long as this, but 10 people would fix your document :)

There are multiple training resources available if you would like to learn Onshape - https://learn.onshape.com/

Have fun!!!
    Philip Thomas - Onshape