Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

My Dimensioning drop down arrow on the toolbar disappears...

When I try to click on the drop down arrow to choose the appropriate dimensioning option, the drop down arrow disappears as soon as the mouse hovers over it.

I am using Chrome on Windows 7.

This wasn't a problem when the dimensioning tools were displayed on the toolbar without being grouped.

Does anybody have a solution or workaround?

Answers

• Options
    abefeldmanabefeldman Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    @mike_schoonover522 - we've heard this from a few people so far today. Can you check to see if your browser is zoomed out at all? Zooming in to 100% or closer should fix the issue you're seeing.

Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support
  • Options
    mike_schoonover522mike_schoonover522 Member Posts: 3 PRO
    edited July 2017
    We zoomed to fit, zoomed way in, zoomed way out, maximized the browser window, un-maximized it, made a new drawing. When it comes to zooming the browser, I assume you mean zooming into the drawing.

Nothing works.

Chrome on Windows 10 on a different computer is not having any problems.

We didn't have the problem until they combined the dimension tools in a single dropdown.

The only way we are surviving (because we don't want to update the computer) is that OnShape infers the tool choice by what you click on (for the most part).

We just hope they don't combine other tools into a dropdown or we might be a bit gobsmacked.
  • Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @mike_schoonover522  We mean browser zoom on the browser, not zoom in the drawing.  Press "Cntrl +" several times in Chrome to change the zoom factor up in Chrome.  The issue should go away for you. Let us know if it does not.  
  • Options
    abefeldmanabefeldman Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    @mike_schoonover522 the new dimension tool should take the place of all of the specific dimension types with a few exceptions that we are quickly working on including. As Pete mentioned, we do mean the browser window zoom, not the drawing. Clicking the overflow menu in the top right (three dots) and looking at the zoom option should tell you whether or not the browser itself is zoomed out or not. It needs to be 100% or larger.

This is a bug that our team is working on fixing.
    Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support