Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Test screw for 3d print

carlos_bonadeocarlos_bonadeo Member Posts: 1
Hi! I'm new in CAD design (I use Blender as I can remember), but I really like the concept of this site. So I made a design for printing and I want to test before. The design has a screw. Is there a way to test if the screw works propertly in Assembly tab? I made a Cylindrical mate connection but I'm not sure if the parts are interacting each other.

The document link https://cad.onshape.com/documents/fbc946fa3bad8769e504f673/w/ced71ff210efb22fe2c83df1/e/261a13d3162d12f45385e549

This is a picture of what I want to test

Thanks!!!

Answers

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hi @carlos_bonadeo There is no automatic way but if you use the section view tool you'll see any areas that overlap shown in red.

I've not tried it but also a boolean intersect of the 2 parts might also be useful.

Hope that helps, Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd