Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is there a way to export all the parts of the studio or an assembly as an STL?

burhopburhop Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
I can export parts pretty easily by rt-clicking on the part and picking the STL option.  However, I have multiple parts that need to be printed together as they can't be assembled after printing.  For example, consider printing a chain where each link goes though the other.

If it doesn't exist, I can go request the feature.  I just wanted to be sure it is not a newbie error first. :)

Mark
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Answer ✓
    RMB on the part studio tab and chosoe "Export to STL".  This will take all parts in the part studio and put them in the STL file.

Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com

Answers

• Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Answer ✓
    RMB on the part studio tab and chosoe "Export to STL".  This will take all parts in the part studio and put them in the STL file.

Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • Options
    burhopburhop Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    That's the answer!  Thanks, Jake!