Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

can't translate part in assembly

IsoThermIsoTherm Member Posts: 66 PRO
Greetings
I have a part that I made using an in-context part studio from an assembly. I need to move the finished part slightly in the assembly but i can't get it to mate or translate - it always snaps back to the position in the assembly at which it was inserted. I broke the context reference hoping that would do it but that wasn't the cause. There are no mates in the parts studio, and the part isn't fixed. Help?
Grazzi

Answers

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Could you post the link to your document here? If it has private information in it that you would rather not share with the forum, you could open a support ticket (? menu > "Report a bug") and we'll get back to you that way.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team