Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to work on an imported document?

mario_darceuilmario_darceuil Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
I imported an image of a deer in onshape. Now I need to perform work on this image such as holes to bolt: a seat, motor, wheels, steering etc. That is straight forward; the issue is, is that I am placing points in the sketch menu on the the outline of the deer to which I will use the spline tool to create the outline. Is this the correct method to create the outline?

Secondly how do I dimension the deer in proportion? I really can't see how to give the deer dimensions because the head bears a proportionate size to the body. Can someone help?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/53a905fe1d569b1e7e211c21/w/bcf9a9c30b3d57b2a266b624/e/4975d8b845a809aa7c16a928

Answers

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @mario_darceuil.

This is entirely doable - you are on the right track.
    Yes you can 'trace' the outline of the deer with points just as you are.
    The next step is to run a (2D) spline through the points.
    To scale the sketch - the FIRST dimension/constraint will scale the sketch to the desired size (for instance - you could add a single dimension to determine the standing height.
    If you cannot get this to work, an alternative is to scale the extruded solid body using the transform command.

Let me know if you have any more questions

Philip.
    Philip Thomas - Onshape