Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to add holes to sheet metal flanges

Hi, I have designed a sheet metal box with some flanges generated by the flange tool. I then added a sketch to the flange with some circles and extruded them to create holes. The holes show up in the 3d view but the holes do not show up in the sheet metal view and so are not exported to the dxf file. If I add holes to any other part of the model they do show up in the sheet metal view. Just holes on the flanges are missing. Does any one know what I am doing wrong or if there is a workaround I can use.

Answers

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @rick_mcconney ,

Please hit the "Report a bug" or "Feedback" button from the "?" menu in your part studio.  From there describe the issue you're having and make sure to "share with support".  This will put you in contact with our support team so we can start to investigate and fix your issue.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    rick_mcconneyrick_mcconney Member Posts: 3
    Not sure why is was not working I quit out of onshape then reentered and deleted the sketch and extrusion and redid it and it now works as expected.