Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.
First time visiting? Here are some places to start:- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.
Does OnShape support printing to the xyz DaVinici jr 3-D printer?
thomas_maddock
Member Posts: 1 ✭
My class and I are on education accounts and I would like for the students to be able to print their projects.
0
Answers
-
I'm not familiar with that machine but all the printers I've worked with will take an stl file that onshape will happily export to
.Simply right click on the part, click export, select stl and your good to go.
Owen S.Business Systems and Configuration Controller
HWM-Water Ltd1 -
You'd also need to use a "slicer" program to convert the STL into instructions that the 3D printer understands. Onshape doesn't natively support a slicer function, but some of it's 3rd part apps do and there are number of free and inexpensive programs that would also work.0
