Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is it possible to have more than one extrusion in a sketch

Hi, I was making a fairly simple drawing of a house cavity wall. I am able to extrude the outer cavity okay, but the inner cavity does not let me select more than one group of lines that represent the outside profile of the inner wall. I was going to copy the 1st sketch to a 2nd one and delete out the elements that are not required, but the paste does not seem to work either. My background is a Siemens NX8 user.
Thanks

Answers

• michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    You may use any closed region in a sketch however many times you want. i.e. same sketch for as many features as you desire. Also, any region within the sketch can be used in any combination you want. In your case, it doesn't sound like copying the sketch is necessary. Check that the regions in the sketch are closed. You may also try to hide any previously created parts, but leave the sketches visible to make selection much easier.

On the forum, it is always a good idea to share a link of your model so other users can help understand and troubleshoot your issues.

Also, check out the learning center: https://learn.onshape.com/
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @alan_porter

It will be easier to help answer your question if you post the URL of your document along with your question, and double easier if you post some screenshots of the issue you're facing.

You should be able to click on as many or as few sketch profiles as you want in the graphics area while defining your extrude.  Are you doing a surface extrude or a solid extrude?
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Link to public document = fixed in 5 minutes!
    Philip Thomas - Onshape