Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I am not able to remove material with sweep between different parts

mike_h166mike_h166 Member Posts: 5
Hi I am new to 3D and to the tool, I am trying to re-design a tool that has a lot of angled parts. The problem that I have is that the sweep object that I create is not removing material from the principal part... the design is available here https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b668585f1f9ef5eaf18339ea/w/1b2a340c8e9d9f1962f846d2/e/628f63101e4b1348a9dfbe63

Any help is appreciated, Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    grochinogrochino Moderator, Onshape Employees, User Group Leader Posts: 44
    Hi and welcome to Onshape! It looks like your Sweep path was incorrect. I created a new Sketch 1 using Use and extended the line to intersect with the Sweep profile. I made a copy of your document here.

• Options
    The top part had an error but I am having issues with the bottom part I need the circle in the middle to go through the bottom. I am thinking that possibly the "Use" tool doesn't recognize the "Rueda" object as a plane. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @mike_h166 ,

Have you solved your issue yet? If not, can you specify the name of the feature you're having trouble with, or maybe post a marked-up screenshot of the issue?
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    Hi Jake, no I am still struggling to make finish the job :smile: here's the link https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b668585f1f9ef5eaf18339ea/w/1b2a340c8e9d9f1962f846d2/e/628f63101e4b1348a9dfbe63
    Apparently the Use tool is the key but as I need to sweep each part with an angle I can't seem to find another way other than creating each part manually one by one
    Help is appreciated! thanks!

• Options
    Oh yes, that was what I needed. Thank you so much!