Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can I Limit a Lever to Multiple Positions

jon_woellhafjon_woellhaf Member Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
I have a lever that pivots on one end, and am able to set its min and max angle.

Is there a way to limit the lever to three or more positions, rather than just the end two?

In other words, can I make it so animation of the lever will cause it to jump between positions, rather than smoothly move between the limits?

Answers

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not aware of a method to do this directly. Maybe once assembly configurations are implemented this will be an option. In the meantime, you could use construction surfaces/parts and a modified Geneva mechanism to convert constant rotation of one component into an intermittent rotation of another. Check out this example.
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/37155#Comment_37162
  • Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    If all you're looking for is an animation, you can also manually capture frames and stitch them together into a video using something like GifCam.