Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Lost mate of sub assembly

Hello,

I am using Onshape to draw models of steam engines that I make for my hobby. I find OnShape a very useful tool and I made already a few drawings for some sub projects.

Now, I am working on a drawing of a boiler for a stationary steam engine. Unfortunately I have a problem (for the second time but the first time I put the made a new assembly).

My project you can find in: 
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/72a7c30d5faf8b79797dc009/w/b5ed463c595ee6d1fd9e385c/e/bffa959c51eed0b0bb075c7e

The problem is that some mates that are available in a sub assembly are missing in the final assembly. I made a sub assembly of the pressure part of the boiler (Ketel drukdeel) and I used it in the complete assembly of the boiler (Ketel compleet).

Can you put me in the right direction to what I did wrong and how I can solve this?

Thanx.

Johan van der Werf

Best Answer

• Options
    johan_van_der_werfjohan_van_der_werf Member Posts: 4
    Answer ✓
    Oeps, problem solved. From my subassembly I created a group and this solved the problem.

Johan

Answers

• Options
    johan_van_der_werfjohan_van_der_werf Member Posts: 4
    Answer ✓
    Oeps, problem solved. From my subassembly I created a group and this solved the problem.

Johan