Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Meshes for UV-resin 3D printing

Hi I am still far away being expert in using onshape despite I find it very promising.
Right now, I would like to have meshes files with hexagonal, triangular, helicoidal and last hub and spoke meshes. I tried to import some but it failed. Goals is to provide basic structures in order to be printed as layers with a 3D printer using UV-resin. The mesh designs allow to test new material with a way to compare the prints.  
So, is it at least possible to do mesh design within onshape ? how ? Any tutorials about it ?
Thank you to anyone that could help
best regards
sebastian

Answers

• philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @sebastien_dazy - Onshape can import meshes and they can be referenced to create new geometry.
    Meshes cannot be edited in Onshape.
    Philip Thomas - Onshape