Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

sweep feature convert to sheetmetal fail

karen_wagner223karen_wagner223 Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
I am trying to convert a sweep feature to a sheetmetal part. Has anyone tried this? I keep getting sheetmetal failed errors.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 696
    Answer ✓
    @karen_wagner223
     In general sweep would produce non-developable surfaces. We don't support converting those to sheet metal. Please contact support via feedback tool, then we could take a look at your geometry.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Lana, I was able to use a revolve feature and that worked. I'm new and really like OnShape and appreciate all the help. 

Answers

• Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 696
    Answer ✓
    @karen_wagner223
     In general sweep would produce non-developable surfaces. We don't support converting those to sheet metal. Please contact support via feedback tool, then we could take a look at your geometry.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Lana, I was able to use a revolve feature and that worked. I'm new and really like OnShape and appreciate all the help.