Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Surfaces and Extrude giving me grief.

mario_darceuilmario_darceuil Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
I am having all sorts of erratic behavior with extrude. Some are:

• Extrude 1 did not regenerate properly; no merge scope selected.
  • Extrude 1 did not regenerate properly; select sketch curves to extrude
  • I am unable to in some cases to form faces to extrude. The whole sketch would highlight. 
  • I have tried to create faces using the spline tool to extrude and it never works in parts studio.
  • How is the remove command functional in "parts" and not in "sketch"?

Please help. I have watched videos and I can't figure out what I am not doing? Really grateful.

Answers

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    We really need some specifics, do to have a link to an example document?

The merge scope one should be easyy to fix, this is asking which part you want to add to or subtract from if you doing an "add or remove" extrude rather than a new part, but for the others atwe need to see exactly what you're doing.

Owen S
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @mario_darceuil

Two quick bits of help.

1) If you post it (a link), we will fix it. Without a link, its very hard to provide any assistance.
    2) If you are looking for resources to learn to use Onshape, here is a good starting point - https://learn.onshape.com/collections/onshape-fundamentals-cad

Good luck! :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    mario_darceuilmario_darceuil Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
    I read about extrude it is still iffy
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @mario_darceuil - we are happy to troubleshoot any document you post a link to :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape