Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Extruding a part

mario_darceuilmario_darceuil Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
I successfully created a tool under split and split the shape into two parts so I can work on the legs. Now when I attempt to extrude the shape to separate them, the individual parts cannot be selected.

Maybe after splitting I should transform the parts to separate them, then perhaps scale them. I hope my explanation is clear. I'll try this.

Please Help

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/1ccfeff9abed70141ea77cd1/w/073c1864d259ca816552af25/e/50fee340bc1c47de3ebf9eb9

Answers

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @mario_darceuil

If you hide "Sketch 3" you'll be able to make individual selections of the "front" of each part.  I figured this out by noticing that when I made the selection, "Sketch 3" was cross-selected in the feature list:

If you want to adjust the scaling, try playing around with the "finalWidth" and "finalLength" variables.  It also may be useful for you to hide the top of the body while working on the legs, just so that the top of the body is out of the way.

Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team